Putnam County Trivia ... Jan. 9

Cloverdale was first called Evansville, then Drucilla. The town was named Cloverdale when it was platted in 1891.

In 1882, the Skewer Pin Company was founded in Leipsic; they manufactured wooden pins used to hold meat as it roasted.

Vaughnsville’s first school opened in 1902. The first year, the school was located in the Henry Gardner building, and it moved to the town hall for its second year.